Date(s) - September 11, 2013
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Eaglequest Gold Club
Categories No Categories
Black and Blue Sari is available at all major bookstores in Canada. Bookstore orders should be made through Sandhill Book Marketing Ltd. at www.sandhillbooks.com(1-250-491-1446)
Black and Blue Sari Charity Inc.
President: Kamal Dhillon
What We Do
- Bring awareness by educating the public
- Help prevent abuse by providing resources
- Provide support (emotional, spiritual and crisis financial support) to victims
- Train first-responders and individuals in order to equip them
How You Can Help
- Encourage your friends and community leaders to attend a training or seminar
- Join Kamal’s volunteer network at www.blackandbluesari.com
- Help connect Kamal to a potential speaking opportunity
- Nominate Kamal for an award by clicking here
- Give a donation** (see “Buy the Book/Donations page)
- Buy her book (Black and Blue Sari) for yourself and your friends, your church and community library or a local shelter
What Will My Donation Be Used For?
- Expansion of Black and Blue Charity (developing and printing resource materials, follow-up visits, international speaking engagements)
- Administration cost (compensation, office supplies, website design, staff)
- Defray cost of expenses associated with creating awareness, conducting trainings and workshops (*materials, travel, refreshments) * in some cases, these costs are partly covered by the host or recipients but often the people or organizations who need Kamal’s help the most do not have sufficient funds)
PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION SO THAT KAMAL CAN HELP CHANGE OR EVEN SAVE A LIFE!
1. CASH – at Black and Blue Sari events
2. CREDIT CARD – online and at Black and Blue Sari events
3. DEBIT CARD – at Black and Blue Sari events
4. CHEQUE –made out to City in Focus and mailed to Judy Friesen, #903-33065 Mill Lake Road, Abbotsford, BC V2S 8E6 (www.cityinfocus.ca)
5. GIFT CARDS – mailed to above address
6. GIFTS in KIND– contact publicist Judy Friesen firstname.lastname@example.org
**all donations over $20 will be tax receiptableThe fact that you visited this part of the website means that the topic of domestic violence is of vital importance to you and perhaps your community. I can assure you that Kamal is greatly encouraged by your presence, knowing that she is not alone in her fight to bring awareness, understanding and empowerment.
Kamal is one of the bravest women I know because she has survived so many attempts on her life, lives with an artificial jaw and is in constant pain! I’m sure you’ll agree she is truly courageous! She is obviously passionate about her personal life’s calling/ mission in life – to educate in order to help prevent and see transformation within families and communities. This is Kamal’s full-time job and she cannot, or rather, she will not rest until all domestic violence is stopped. Even though Kamal is regularly sought after to speak and train, she receives very little financial help. Often the groups she speaks to are the ones that need to hear her message the most, but at the same time, are unable to give her much more than her travel expenses or an honorarium.
I’m sure you’ll agree we don’t want to see Kamal’s voice silenced just because of finances. I’m asking you to consider today how you can help Kamal continue to inspire audiences like she has done for us. Think about the person who you know who just might be saved from a life of abuse. Think about the child who will be prevented from severe emotional scares…if only they could have received help..the kind of help Kamal is offering to give.
The good news is that now you can support Kamal and receive a tax deductable receipt. All I ask is that you dig deep – be generous so there won’t be another heart-breaking story like Kamal’s ever again. Please don’t let a matter finances stop this critical message from being heard. Our cities and our country need to hear Kamal’s message. She is willing to make a difference. I hope you too are willing to join her so that together we can make our homes a safer place. Thank you so much.
Judy Friesen, publicist for Black and Blue Sari Charity Inc.