Date(s) - November 10, 2017
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Kerrisdale Presbyterian Church
Categories No Categories
Regent College will present “Gloria!” a concert celebrating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation on November 10.
The concert will feature two of the most famous cantatas by J.S. Bach, as well as other Reformation-related works for choir and orchestra. The evening will feature acclaimed soloists Jane Long (soprano) and Katherine Evans (trumpet), with an orchestra of instrumentalists and the Regent College Choir under the direction of Edward Norman.
Regent President Jeff Greenman commented, “Throughout 2017 Regent is marking the Reformation 500th anniversary in a variety of ways. The concert embodies Regent’s longstanding engagement with the arts. This is an occasion to appreciate the powerful connections between theology, artistic expression, and the church’s worship. There is nothing better than an evening of Bach, but especially with these amazing performers. Please join us!”
- Edward Norman, conductor and organist
- Jane Long, soprano
- Joel Tranquilla, bass
- Katherine Evans, trumpet
- Choir of Regent College and guest singers
Performance will include:
- Dietrich Buxtehude, “Lord, keep us steadfast”
- J.S. Bach, “Jauchzet Gott in allen Landen” (“Shout for joy to God!”) (BWV 51)
- J.S. Bach, “Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme” (“Sleepers awake”) (BWV 140)
- Music for organ, played on the church’s magnificent Casavant pipe organ
- Congregational singing
Tickets will be available at the door: General Admission $20, Students $10
Doors open at 7 pm.
“Next to the Word of God, music deserves the highest praise.”—Martin Luther