Date(s) - September 22, 2013
8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Queen Elizabeth Plaza
Categories No Categories
Downtown Vancouver – starting at the Queen Elizabeth Plaza, 4 km
Date: Sunday, September 22, 2013
Start Location: Queen Elizabeth Plaza, West Georgia at Hamilton
Finish Location: Concord Pacific Place, 88 Pacific Blvd
8:30-9:00 AM Walker Assembly & Entertainment 9:00-10:00 AM Opening Ceremony 10 AM Walk begins 11 AM Closing protocol begins
Just Announced! Dr. Bernice A. King to deliver keynote speech at Canada’s first Walk for Reconciliation.
This is history in the making. Dr. Bernice A. King, daughter of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., will be the keynote speaker at the Walk for Reconciliation on September 22, 2013. Dr. King’s visit marks the 50th anniversary of her father’s legendary “I Have a Dream” speech and a pivotal moment in the human rights movement. Read more.
WALK WITH US
- To help achieve far-reaching impact that will be felt amongst everyone — all ages, all cultures, all faiths.
- To demonstrate your commitment to building better relationships to achieve resilient, sustainable communities.
This is the finale event of Reconciliation Week Vancouver 2013!
- No event day registration is necessary. Just plan to meet your friends, families or teams in advance as there will be a lot of people in the marshalling area.
- Live entertainment, storytelling, song and dance before, after and along the walk route
- Multicultural food options at the post-walk celebration
- Come yourself — bring your friends/family — create a Team
- Fundraise if you like, to support Reconciliation Canada’s work
- Registering allows you to set up a personal web page to help you invite others to join or support you
2 KM walk available for those challenged by 4 KM
Walk Route Map