Date(s) - November 24, 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
New Life Lutheran Church
Categories No Categories
This is a unique and innovative way to worship with children. This approach involves children in a multi-sensory way so they can experience the Bible stories and experience the wonder and mystery of God.
This is cross-cultural and works well with groups of children from 3-4 years to 7-8 years as a Sunday School program and in many other settings.
The training takes place on Saturday, November 24, 2018 and Saturday, February 2, 2019, from 9am – 4:30pm. Please see bulletin board in the lounge for more information. Fee is $135 for 2 days of training.
Dates: Part I: Nov 24, 2018 and Part II: February 2nd, 2019
Location: New Life Lutheran Church, 6215 Main St., Vancouver, BC
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Trainer: Diane Tait-Katerberg, dtaitkate [at] gmail [dot] com
Emily Hill is the program coordinator of Children and Worship for The Presbyterian Church in Canada. For more information or to arrange for an introductory workshop or training event, please email Emily Hill at ehill [at] presbyterian [dot] ca or call 1-800-616-7301 ext. 271.
- Valerie Walker, vjmwalker [at] gmail [dot] com, Halifax, NS
- Brian Davidson, bdavidsonycw [at] nbnet [dot] nb [dot] ca, Moncton, NB
- Carolina Morales, ccmorales80 [at] gmail [dot] com (Spanish), Mississauga, ON
- Laura Alary, laura [dot] alary [at] rogers [dot] com, Scarborough, ON
- Linda Shaw, ianandlindashaw [at] gmail [dot] com, Simcoe, ON
- Nina Zwart, ninanynke [dot] zwart [at] sympatico [dot] ca, London, ON
- Diane Tait-Katerberg, diane [dot] tait [at] katerberg [dot] ca, Surrey, BC
Children and Worship Resources
These books are available from retail booksellers, online book distributors, and sometimes the public library.
- Young Children and Worship, Sonja Stewart and Jerome Berryman, Knox Press
- Following Jesus: More About Children and Worship, by Sonja Stewart, Knox Press
These books are available from retail booksellers and sometimes the public library.
- I Wonder… More Bible Stories for Children and Worship, by Janet Schreuder
- Lift Up Your Hands (a signing video), produced by the PCC
- Godly Play, Jerome Berryman, Abingdon Press
- Teaching Godly Play: The Sunday Morning Handbook, J. Berryman, Abingdon Press
- Worship Songs for Children and Worship (Songbook), June Armstrong
- More Worship Songs for Children and Worship (Songbook, CD), J. Armstrong
- Make Room: A Child’s Guide to Lent and Easter, Laura Alary, published by Paraclete Press