Date(s) - November 23, 2019
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Grandview Calvary Baptist Church
Categories No Categories
About this Event
How do we do community living well?
Whether you’re new to community living and curious to know more, or you’ve been doing it for years and have lots to share, we hope you’ll join us for the first of (hopefully)a series of events where folks can ask questions, share examples, learn from others, and be energized by those with common vision.
The Community Cafe envisions a place of welcome and a resource for people in our neighbourhood and our city who desire to grow in their understanding of shared life in intentional community through reflecting on Christian wisdom and practices.
No prior experience with living in community required. Lunch provided.
Bringing friends? You can have one person register for a group! Just choose the number of tickets to match your group size. Registration is only needed to prepare for numbers and food prep.
Admission by donation at the door.
Outline of the Community Cafe:
- 8:45am Coffee is ready!
- 9:00-9:30 Welcome & Storytelling from two communities
- 9:30-9:45 How Community Forms Us
- 9:45-10:15 Discussion Circles (Facilitated)
- 10:15-10:35 Storytelling from a community
- 10:35-10:50 Coffee & Break
- 10:50-12:00 Workshops:
- Diverse Expressions of Intentional Community
- Multi-family Shared Life
- Living in a Common Household
- 12:05-12:15 Summary of Feedback, Next Steps
- 12:15-1:00 Lunch
Hosted by Grandview Church and Salsbury Community Society.