Date(s) - April 23, 2015 - April 25, 2015
Categories No Categories
Why This Conference?
- Because many Christians and their churches, with many Muslims and Jews, are committed to peace, justice and reconciliation with alternatives to Christian Zionism and Replacement Theology.
- Because our Palestinian Christian sisters and brothers have called us to hear their cry for reconciliation by better understanding our own faith.
Conference Mission Statement
We aim to empower the many Christians and their churches, with many Muslims and Jews, who are committed to peace, justice and reconciliation through non-violence in Palestine and Israel, with faith-based alternatives to Christian Zionism and Replacement Theology.
We are called to proclaim the biblical message of love, mercy, and justice, while rejecting false teachings such as Christian Zionism, often pervasive in our own traditions, that leads to silence in the face of the Israeli occupation of Palestine.
We endeavour to give voice to Palestinian Christianity, all voiceless Palestinians, and others silenced in the face of the violent and illegal Israeli occupation.
Who Should Attend?
- Christians who wish to learn more about the influence of an errant theology on their church’s policy.
- Christians, Muslims and Jews who are interested in peace and justice.
- Leaders locally and nationally of Christian denominations
- Members of churches’ outreach units and service committees
- Faculty and students from theological colleges and seminaries
- Leaders of ecumenical networks
Objectives of this Conference
- To educate participants on the history and theology of Christian Zionism in Canada and the U.S. and on how its manifestations represent a barrier to peace in the Middle East.
- To develop and collaborate on non-violent actions towards Middle East peace such as; Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) and Authentic Christian Pilgrimage (ACP)
- To empower denominational leaders with a deeper understanding of active and passive Christian Zionism so that they can educate their members on this aspect of engaging their faith with integrity.
- To equip and strengthen church-related organizations, Arab, Muslim, Jewish and civil society groups who are working in solidarity with the churches and who affirm the role of the churches in challenging spurious charges of anti-semitism and being anti-Jewish .
- To equip churches, seminaries and teaching centres with updated insights on the churches’ positions on Christian Zionism.
- To support Christians in Canada with the knowledge, resources and confidence to participate more actively and effectively in the wider public discourse regarding Canada’s role in Israel and Palestine and foreign policy in the Middle East.https://churchforvancouver.ca/wp-admin/post.php?post=8843&action=edit
Please contact us at: [email protected]
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1540532416222544/