Date(s) - May 7, 2021 - May 8, 2021
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Categories No Categories
About this Event
FH Canada’s unique virtual conference, Flourishing, will personally engage Canadians like you in the poverty conversation. Over the course of this two-day online gathering, you’ll be invited to deep dive into a biblical perspective on the root causes and solutions to poverty.
Speakers from across Canada, including keynote speaker Danielle Strickland, will challenge the common narrative that poverty is about a “lack of stuff” and assert that it’s really all about relationships. Together, we’ll explore poverty as reconciling relationships with God, Others, Self, and Creation. Combining theory and practice, Flourishing will equip you to make a practical difference here at home and around the world.
May 7 & 8, 2021 daily from 8:30am-12:30pm PST / 9:30am-1:30pm MST / 11:30am-3:30pm EST / 12:30-4:30PM AST
60-minute interactive workshops with:
- Tim Day – City Movement / Waybase.com
- Derek Cook – Canadian Poverty Institute / Ambrose University
- Cheryl Bear – Nadleh Whut’en First Nation
- Donna Harris – Praxis / Builders & Backers
- Ellen Duffield – BRAVE Network
- Daniel Whitehead – Sanctuary Mental Health Ministries
- Rick Faw – A Rocha
- James Woller – Thrive
- Shelaine Strom – FH Canada
- Carissa Youssef – FH Canada
- John Johnstone – Leq’á:mel First Nation
- Mike Janz – FH Canada
We encourage you to attend live on May 7&8 for the interactive discussions as your schedule permits. Workshops and keynote addresses will be recorded and sent along with resources to all registered attendees.
For a full look at our speakers and schedule, visit our website: www.fhcanada.org/flourishing