Date(s) - February 27, 2014
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Whether you serve 10 or 200 people, offer a daily meal or a monthly food pantry, rely primarily on food donations or have an ample budget to work with – selecting appropriate foods for people who are nutritionally vulnerable creates unique challenges & opportunities.
Join our registered dietician and your fellow food program coordinators and volunteers for a discussion about:
- Typical nutritional needs of our guests – the homeless, seniors, people with diabetes or suppressed immune systems, etc.
- Balancing quality & quantity
- Resources available – information, training & food.
DATE: Tuesday, Feb 25, 7pm – 9pm OR Thursday, Feb 27, 2pm – 4pm
VENUE: Planted’s offices, #301 – 291 East 2nd Ave, Vancouver
RSVP: Karen Giesbrecht (firstname.lastname@example.org; 778-840-4775)
- No cost for this gathering
- Limited street parking is available (transit is one block away on Main St)
- The venue is not wheelchair accessible (up 3 flights of stairs)