Date(s) - October 14, 2019
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
First Baptist Church
Categories No Categories
We have so much to be thankful for! Let’s give thanks to our Lord. For the last 20 years, First Baptist Church has been opening our doors to serve the poor. It’s just a natural part of who we are and is an act of Thanksgiving. People know that this church on this corner is also there for the poor.
First Baptist Church hosts this event as our part of the Homelessness Action Week, a week where different churches and organizations through the Lower Mainland raise public awareness on issues of homelessness and rally local solutions. We partner with Ellen Silvergieter of St Paul’s Anglican Church, who is as an advocate for the poor. She does much of the organizing, and her husband helps with tax filing.
What will take place on the 14th?
Drop-in 10am to 3pm
Our guests will have access to:
- Hearing aid tests
- Help with their income tax
- Free pet food & other supplies through the SPCA
- Naloxone kits
- Free hair cuts
- Nursing students doing blood pressure tests
- Information around housing and support services
- Free fresh sandwiches & goodies, coffee & tea
- Free toiletry kits
- Free reading glasses
(We expect between 150 to 200 people)
What can I do?
Volunteer for a couple of hours.
- 9 -10am: Set-up
- 10am – 3pm: Prepare and serve fresh sandwiches, goodies, coffee and tea
- 10am – 3pm: Welcome, and assist those who are providing services
- 3 – 4pm: Set down and clean up
Do you have a service that could help those who are homeless? Connect with us to see if it fits.
Provide the following:
- New or gently used men’s sweaters and shirts
(Items not used that day will be used through the FBC shelter ministry throughout the fall and winter.)
To volunteer or for further information call Doug at 778-242-1227 or email email@example.com