Date(s) - June 19, 2019
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Anglican Diocesan Centre
Categories No Categories
What is National Indigenous Peoples Day?
The date of June 21 was chosen to celebrate National Indigenous Peoples Day because it corresponds to the summer solstice, the longest day of the year, and a time of year that many Indigenous groups have traditionally celebrated their culture and heritage.
Bob Baker (Squamish Ancestral name is S7aplek, Hawaiian name is Lanakila) and other members of the Coast Salish People will welcome us to their territory, and we will celebrate together in the beautiful gardens surrounding the Synod Office.
Please come and share a relaxing summer afternoon of music and dance, good food and good conversation!
ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND.
- WELCOME: Bob Baker (Squamish Ancestral name is S7aplek.)
- Welcome from Archbishop Melissa Skelton
- Kwhlii Gibaygum Nisga’a Dancers
- CEO Kevin Barlow, Metro Vancouver Aboriginal Executive Council
- V’ni Dansi, Yvonne Chartrand Metis Dancers
- Inspector Suzanne Muir and Constable Rick Lavallee VPD
- Love Medicine, the Big Drum
- Closing comments
Jerry Adams, Aboriginal Justice Coordinator
· firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 604.684.6306 local 218