Date(s) - October 22, 2022
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Vancouver Chinese Baptist Church
Categories No Categories
In Psalm 67, the Psalmist envisions a day in which God’s salvation is known in all the earth – when the nations sing for joy and all the peoples praise him. Join Heart for Asia 2022 and see the vision unfolding now – among the peoples of East Asia, and right here in our own communities.
In Let the Nations Be Glad! you’ll meet people serving in East Asia and others using missional principles in BC neighbourhoods. Hear their stories, join the discussion and expect God to show you new ways to be part of Jesus’ Great Commission.
What’s happening at this Heart for Asia conference?
- Praise and worship featuring the music of PacLife Worship
- Ministry stories of God at work locally and in East Asia
- Examples and opportunities how you can be involved in mission
- Discussion and mutual encouragement to put the day’s learning into practice
- It’s a Big, Big World children’s program – see poster at the bottom of this page. Click Register for free tickets.
- Some sessions include Cantonese translation
- Lunch and snacks are included
Seminars and Worshops
Choose one for each of three sessions. “A” options are in English and Cantonese. “B” options are in English only
SEMINAR SESSION 1 options
Session 1-A | Second Wind – When God calls, the gifts and experience of mature believers make a difference for Christ (English with Cantonese translation) —Reg & Mary Shum, Milton Po
第二風, 精彩下半場 – 成熟信徒如何參與宣教（英語- 粵語）
Session 1-B | Dawn for the Poor – How God is using people of different backgrounds to creatively serve the poor and other groups in the Philippines (English) —Melanie Au
窮人的黎明 – 不同背景的人創意無限地服侍菲律賓的窮人（英語）
SEMINAR SESSION 2 options
Session 2-A | Welcome Church – Equip your church to welcome and build community with newcomers (Cantonese with English translation) —Antony Law
歡迎教會 – 如何裝備你的教會，以歡迎新移民（粵語- 英語）
Session 2-B | The Great Canadian Mission Field – Disciple Making Movements for the Canadian church (English) —Jon Luesink
加拿大宣教工場 – 加拿大教會的建立門徒運動 （英語）
SEMINAR SESSION 3 options
Session 3-A | Good News for Taiwan’s Working Class – Church planting and foster care in Taiwan (English with Cantonese translation) —David & Ruth Ullstrom
臺灣勞動階層的喜訊 – 在臺灣植堂（英語 – 粵語）
Session 3-B | House of Hope – How the House of Omeed brings hope and a sense of family to refugees and newcomers (English) —Dan Shackelford
希望之家 – 為難民和新移民帶來希望和家庭意識（英語）
Who should attend Let the Nations Be Glad!
- University, college and seminary students
- Church leaders, missions pastors, and missions committee members
- Church and student ministry groups
- Believers of any age interested in serving cross-culturally
- Anyone interested in serving and supporting missions from home
- Anyone interested in learning more about missions
Applicable COVID-19 protocols will be observed. Masks recommended.
Brought to you by OMF Canada
OMF International is a global fellowship of Christians with a heart for East Asia, serving the church and sharing the good news of Jesus Christ in all its fullness | www.omf.ca
In partnership with
Mission Central catalyzes churches to become a missionary people and each person to become a mature disciple of Jesus | missioncentral.ca
Host church Vancouver Chinese Baptist Church is passionate about forming genuine followers of Jesus Christ who seek to live out God’s will in all areas of life | vcbc.ca