Date(s) - February 20, 2016
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cedar Park Church
Categories No Categories
Join us for an evening of entertainment. This concert features 4 performers who will focus on song of LOVE and the HEART:
- Christine Magee, a Vancouver based singer/songwriter, pianist, guitarist, has been performing since early age and toured with the UBC Singers and with Vancouver’s musica intima. After the successful release of her Gospel Music Award winning debut album “Overcome”, Christine has been performing with her soul / jazz / blues inspired sound, as well as teaching piano, voice, and guitar in her Tsawwassen home based studio. For more information about Christine (B. Mus. UBC ) visit www.christinemagee.com
- Michael Hart, a gifted songwriter and guitar player, performs original songs and intricate instrumentals. Having recorded eight albums, his faith based lyrics carry an uplifting dimension of the divine-human relationship. From folk-pop to blues-jazz, Michael’s contributions to arts-community events are engaging and fun. More recently he has also worked as an associate pastoral and part-time chaplain. Those experiences have inspired some new songs, several of which will be presented in concert on February 20. For more info and press reviews, visit www.stariway.org/michaelhart
- Shylo Sharity, a Vancouver based singer/songwriter, had her first vocal performance at the age of five, filmed the first of several television commercials at the age of nine, and achieved roles in film and television. In 2011, she entered and won British Columbia’s Variety’s Got Talent, which resulted in opening for Wynonna Judd, and a performance at the Merritt Mountain Music Fest. And more recently, she achieved a top 10 spot in Simon Cowell’s worldwide You Generation talent search for best female artist and later went on to place first in the group category. Most recently Shylo entered and made top 10 in the cross Canada CBC talent search for her original song “Sparkles” co-written with Ryan Guldemond lead singer of the alternative indie group Mother Mother. Shylo has solidified her sound to a country/alternative genre and has just released her first EP “Shy High”.
- Erik Ioannidis has been playing music since early age and enjoyed a career in musical theatre from ages 9 – 17. In 2010, he was honoured to play the lead role of Joseph in “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” with Theatre Under the Stars. Erik has, also, performed as an independent artist at a variety of events and venues. One of many career highlights was winning Richcity Idol (a city wide high school singing competition). He draws musical inspiration from such artists as John Mayer, Justin Nozuka, and Emie Halter. Gifted on both piano and guitar, his style is singer-songwriter acoustic.
This event endeavors to bring enlightened awareness about heart diseases; proceeds will be donated to the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Adults(19 yr+) $20.00
- Children/youth (0 – 18 yrs) $15.00
- Purchase tickets at the event entrance; cash only please.
- Albany Books 1240 – 56 st., Delta, B.C. V4L 2A4 (Tsawwassen) 604-943-2293
- Fancy This – Gifts 5044 – 48 ave, Delta, B.C. V4K 1V8 (Ladner) 604-940-1812
- ONLINE (using VTix)
CD’s will be available for purchase (cash only) and Heart Month pins and toques will be available by donation.
Contact: Dawn Magee at 604-943-8094.