Date(s) - May 13, 2022 - May 14, 2022
Clearbrook MB Church
Categories No Categories
Many people think of the book of Ruth as one of the most beautiful short stories ever written. We feel inspired by the way two destitute widows cope with their lot in life, and we are delighted to see that the story ends well for them. But few of us are aware that the reason this book is included in our Bible is much loftier and more profound than this!
The Navigate Bible Conference with Dr. Daniel Block will be hosted at Clearbrook MB Church in Abbotsford, BC on May 13-14.
Friday, May 13, 2022 – 6:30 pm-9:00 pm
- Session 1: 6:30-7:45
- Dramatic Reading of the Book of Ruth
- Introduction (1:1-5)
- Session 2: 8:00-9:00
- Act I: In the Land of Moab: The Emptying of Naomi
- (The Crisis for the Royal Line; 1:6-22)
Saturday, May 14, 2022 – 8:30 am-4:30 pm
- Session 3: 8:30-10:00
- Act II: In the Field of Bethlehem: Ruth’s First Encounter with Boaz
- (The Ray of Hope for the Royal Line; 2:1-23)
- Session 4: 10:15-11:45
- Act III: At the Threshing Floor: Ruth’s Second Encounter with Boaz
- (The Complication for the Royal Line; 3:1-18)
Lunch Break: 1 hours 15 minutes
- Session 5: 1:00-2:45
- Act IV: In the Town of Bethlehem: The Refilling of Naomi
- (The Resolution of the Crisis for the Royal Line; 4:1-17)
- Session 6: 3:00-4:30
- Conclusion (1:18-22)
- Tying up Loose Ends Theologically and Ethically
The registration cost is $100 per person, with a special early-bird rate of $75 available until April 15.
Daniel I. Block, PhD, is Gunther H. Knoedler Professor Emeritus of Old Testament at Wheaton College and Adjunct Professor of Old Testament at MB Seminary. He is the author of many books and his research has focused on the books of Deuteronomy, Ezekiel, Ruth, and Judges.