Date(s) - March 27, 2015 - March 28, 2015
7:00 pm - 2:30 pm
First Lutheran Church
Categories No Categories
A conversation on Christian understanding and relationship sponsored both by the BC Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, and the Anglican Diocese of New Westminster.
- FranzVolker Griefenhagen, Dean, Luther College, University of Regina
- David J. Goa, Director, Chester Ronning Centre for the Study of Religion and Public Life, Augustana Campus, University of Alberta
This event will seek to open up avenues of conversation. What do we know about Islam and Muslims? What do we appreciate? What do we fear? How do we understand current geo-political struggles, including terrorism? What is the capacity of Islam for pluralism, democracy, human rights and the secular?
Friday, March 27, 7 – 9pm
– Seven Things Everyone Needs to Know About Muslims
Saturday, March 28, 9am – 2:30pm
– Cain and Abel: Violence in Religion
– The Landscape of Our Conversation with Muslims
– Conversation with Muslims and Spiritual Friendship
Bag lunch Saturday. If possible, bring something that can be shared.
To register, and for more information call the office of the British Columbia Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (604) 524-1318; [email protected]