Date(s) - October 24, 2015
9:30 am - 2:00 pm
St. James Anglican Church
Categories No Categories
GOD: CLOSER THAN WE IMAGINE : A SATURDAY RETREAT IN THE CITY
The Bible tells us that we are never separated from God. But do we really believe it? Discover how attentiveness and stillness deepen our awareness of God’s presence in our day-to-day lives.
Join us for a facilitated retreat with our partner and friend Christopher Chiu of SoulCare Vancouver who is also a member of the Jesuit Spirituality Apostolate of Vancouver (JSAV). Co-faciliating is Esther Hizsa, also a member of JSAV and partner of SoulStream. Both are graduates of Regent College.
The retreat format will include teaching, short periods of personal prayer, and opportunities for reflective sharing.
We kindly ask you:
– Not to bring reading materials (not even spiritual books)
– Turn off all electronic devices during the time of the retreat (e.g. cellphones, laptops, tablets, i-Pods, etc)
– Pen and paper for note-taking
– Prayer Journal (optional)
– Appropriate clothing for going outside (if one intends to go for a walk)
Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements, as refreshments and lunch will be provided. Thanks!