Date(s) - May 26, 2018
8:45 am - 3:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Join Journey Home Community for a fun-filled, interactive day of learning
8:45 am – Registration and morning refreshments (coffee and pastries)
9:00 am – Training Begins – Lunch and snacks will be provided throughout the day
3:00 pm – Wrap up
Registration Deadline: Please register by May 24 so we can make sure we have enough materials and refreshments for the training event.
This training event is for three groups of people:
1) Individuals or groups volunteering with Journey Home Community (complimentary registration)
2) Groups partnering with Journey Home to welcome and support a refugee claimant family (complimentary registration)
3) Individuals or groups (not partnering or volunteering with Journey Home) who are interested in learning about refugee claimants and welcoming refugees. ($60 registration fee – see below for details)
Whether you have experience in sponsoring refugee families or have never been involved, this training is for you. Come and broaden your imagination, strengthen your practice, and inspire your mission.
What you will Experience and Learn:
- Introduction to the Refugee Community
- Canada’s Refugee Protection System
- Accompaniment and Support for Refugee Families
- Experiencing the Refugee Journey
- Building Healthy and Supportive Relationships
- Providing Direct Resettlement Support
What is the goal?
At the end of the day, you and your group will be better equipped to welcome refugee claimant families into our community.
What is the cost?
1) For Journey Home Community volunteers/volunteer applicants: The training is complimentary (all costs covered).
2) For churches/groups partnering with Journey Home Community: The training is complimentary (all costs covered).
3) All others are welcome, but we ask you to pay $60.00 to help us cover the costs delivering this training. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Can you accommodate special dietary request related to food sensitivities or allergies?
We will do our best. Make sure to indicate what food(s) you are allergic or sensitive to on your registration form and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Are there minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Some of the content covered includes discussions about refugee-related trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder. This event is best for individuals over the age of 16.
Can I update, change or cancel my registration?
Yes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make any changes.
What if I will be late or need to leave early?
The information covered builds throughout the day. We believe the activities and information covered in basic training will assist you to develop healthy and supportive relationships with the refugee community. Therefore, it is important that you try to attend for the entire day. If your schedule requires some flexibility – email email@example.com.