Date(s) - March 28, 2020 - March 29, 2020
Columbia Bible College
Categories No Categories
A time of worship, singing, seminars and intercultural conversations
Register at www.s.id/MWCRenewal
- Hope in the midst of global climate change
- Reconciliation in a polarized and fractured world
- Hope in the face of loneliness (mental health, addictions, social isolation)
- Intercultural leadership as an expression of hope
- Evangelism in a pluralistic culture
- Faith formation in an intercultural context
A time of worship, singing and testimonies from the global church
Renewal 2027 Events:
- “Transformed by the Word: Reading the Bible in Anabaptist Perspectives” – Augsburg, Germany, 12 February 2017
The gathering, which occurred some 500 years after Luther’s famous appeal to sola scriptura launched the Reformation, explored how Anabaptist-Mennonites around the world have engaged Scripture in the past…and how Scripture continues to be relevant in our global community today. The gathering took place in connection with meetings of the MWC Executive Committee and Commissions.
- “The Holy Spirit transforming us” – Kisumu, Kenya, Saturday, 21 April 2018A day-long public conference on the theme “The Holy Spirit transforming us” will take place 21 April 2018 in Kisumu, Kenya. The gathering will explore how Anabaptist-Mennonites around the world have understood the Holy Spirit in the past, and how the Holy Spirit animates our global community today.Anabaptist-Mennonite speakers will reflect on the theme, with opportunities for all participants to join in worship, singing and discussion. The gathering takes place in connection with meetings of the MWC General Council, Networks and Commissions.This is the second in a series of annual regional events that will culminate at MWC Assembly 18 in 2027.