Date(s) - November 15, 2015 - November 22, 2015
Categories No Categories
Restorative Justice Week will be held in Canada, and throughout the world, from November 15-22, 2015. The theme for the week is Inspiring Innovation.
Restorative justice (RJ) is a philosophy and an approach that views crime and conflict as harm done to people and relationships. It is a non-adversarial, non-retributive approach to justice that emphasizes healing in victims, accountability of offenders, and the involvement of citizens in creating healthier, safer communities. The goal is to reach meaningful, satisfying, and fair outcomes through inclusion, open communication, and truth.
Discover the many uses of restorative justice. Explore how restorative justice can deal with harm in different situations: families, neighbourhoods, schools, workplaces, etc. Think about how restorative justice values and principles can be applied to every day challenges.
During Restorative Justice Week 2015, we encourage you to:
- Use CSC’s RJ Week resources to publicize the week.
- Organise an event to promote the use of RJ. We even have a few ideas on what you can do.
- Share ideas and resources about RJ.
- Celebrate successes and pioneers in RJ
- Talk to your city council about proclaiming the week.