Date(s) - November 5, 2016
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Surrey Christian School
Categories No Categories
rafting the Culture of Canada’s Future
You are invited to join Christian school leadership teams from all across British Columbia and beyond for our 17th annual SCSBC Leadership Conference. This year we welcome special guest Dr. Beth Green, Program Director for Education at Cardus, as we explore education’s impact on the social architecture of the future. This conference is one of the exclusive tour dates for the release of the Cardus Education Survey 2016 data report, a powerful research tool for Christian education.
After the plenary, we examine the impact of the new BC Ed Plan in our featured workshop The BC Ed Plan: A Compelling Opportunity presented by SCSBC’s Directors of Learning.
During lunch, the SCSBC annual general meeting offers opportunities for you to get to know the work of this organization better. The afternoon brings you a choice of targeted workshops.
- Board Governance 101 – Ed Noot
- Constitution and Bylaws Guide and Template – Ken Volkenant
- Drums and Cedar Planks: A school’s journey into reconciliation – Darryl DeBoer and Matt Beimers
- Equipping Educators for Cultural Formation: a toolkit for evaluation – Beth Green
- Financial Sustainability for Christian Schools – Tim Williams
- Growing a Culture of Giving: The Power of Story – Cathy Kits
Whether you are a Christian school administrator, board member, committee member or staff, come prepared to have your leadership vision encouraged and expanded.
Visit the conference website at www.leadership2016.scsbc.net