Date(s) - April 19, 2019
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
First United Church
Categories No Categories
“The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” Gospel of John: 1:5
The 33rd Way of the Cross Walk
Good Friday, April 19, 2019
An ecumenical pilgrimage through one of Canada’s poorest neighbourhoods; Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside Commemorating the places of pain and/or hope in our community; Featuring reflection, song and prayer.
The Way of the Cross is an ancient form of meditation, using sight and movement. Early Christians used to walk the “Via Dolorosa” of Jesus in Jerusalem, following in the footsteps of our Suffering Servant.
To engage the stations is a prayerful pondering of the mystery of Jesus’ suffering, moving from one scene to the next.
Stations: 12:00 noon
- Gather at First United Church (Hastings & Gore)
- the Listening Post (382 Main St.)
- the 4 corners and laneway of E. Cordova & Gore (Community Court also, Salad Bowl of alleyway; Firehall Theatre; “End of line” LTC)
- Steps of St. James Anglican church
- Steps of St. Paul’s RC Church
- Oppenheimer park near the Totem poles