Date(s) - June 2, 2023 - June 3, 2023
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Leading churches in today’s shifting context demands a lot from pastors: fresh imagination, sensitivity to the Spirit, and resilience. You are invited to The Gathering, an annual event for church leaders seeking to lead and nourish their communities in God’s mission. Through worship, prayer, preaching, dialogue, and recreation, we will attend to soul care amidst the beauty of Vancouver.
Come refresh and re-vision with us and build the kind of friendships that support resilient and healthy pastoral ministry. Registration is now open!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Over the course of two days, you will join with other church leaders (both pastors and laity) from a variety of denominational traditions to:
- Hear from author and theologian Dr. Tremper Longman III on God’s call to a wise and healthy life from the wisdom literature of the Old Testament.
- Learn from psychologist Dr. Danielle Vriend Fluit who will explore the inner landscapes of leaders, helping us to reflect on our own emotional health and its interaction with pastoral ministry.
- Choose from a variety of roundtable workshops in which we will dialogue on themes such as holistic health, prayer, physical health, sexual health, and healthy systems for church governance.
- Fellowship and build lasting connections with peers.
- Engage in fun beach activities!
Gather with us for friendship, for worship, for learning together, and to discern new invitations from the Spirit. Join us this year and into the years to come!
Full details to come. Let us know if you’re coming by registering below. For more information, please contact Regent Conferences.
ABOUT THE GATHERING
This inaugural convening of The Gathering will become an annual event hosted by Regent College. Our prayer is to be a place where friendships with other Christian leaders are formed for the long haul. Friendships like these fill us and keep us healthy for the journey of church ministry. While the Gathering will focus on a different theme each year, the two themes of pastoral health and the witness of the church in our local neighbourhoods will remain key values into the future.