Date(s) - May 30, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Amid the unique challenges and opportunities of this year’s COVID-19 pandemic, leaders of The Canadian Council of Churches’ member churches will gather “together in one place” (Acts 2:1) in ecumenical friendship and prayer this season of Western Pentecost / Eastern Ascension.
The season of Pentecost has always held a special significance for the ecumenical movement. With it comes the promise of new life through the arrival of the Holy Spirit, and a reminder of the unity we share, which has been forged with God’s help across differences.
Prayers, Scripture readings and reflections will be offered in English and French.
Register to receive a Zoom link and a bilingual prayer service booklet.
The Rev. Amanda Currie, Moderator of the 2019 General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in Canada, and The Most Rev. Pierre Goudreault, Roman Catholic Bishop of Sainte-Anne-de-la-Pocatière, will offer brief homiletic reflections.
Other service leaders include:
- The Rt. Rev. Richard Bott, Moderator of The United Church of Canada
- The Rev. Susan C. Johnson, National Bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
- The Rev. Stephen Kendall, President of The Canadian Council of Churches
- The Most Rev. Linda Nicholls, Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada
- Pastor Peter Noteboom, General Secretary of The Canadian Council of Churches
- Commissioner Floyd J. Tidd, Territorial Commander of The Salvation Army in Canada and Bermuda
- The Rev. Archpriest Fr. Zareh Zargarian, Vicar, Armenian Holy Apostolic Church, Canadian Diocese