Date(s) - June 25, 2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Speaker: Bernie Willock
Co-Owner of Pine Lodge Contracting
Bernie has experience running 4 businesses over his career, including his current one Pine Lodge Contracting. His second business was running two Lazy-Boy furniture stores on Vancouver Island that consistently ranked in the top 2% of profitability among 300+ North American stores. Bernie’s also served as the president and CEO of Food for the Hungry Canada.
In our interview with Bernie, he’ll share:
- His story of starting 4 businesses throughout his career
- What it looks like to design a business that reflected the kingdom of God
- The open-book policy he used to share his financials with staff and the impact it made
- The 25% profit sharing plan he developed to reward his employees
- How giving away 25% profits to help the global community engaged his staff to do their best work
- How he shifted Food for the Hungry’s mindset from seeing businesses as donors to treating them like partners
We gather 10 times a year to do the following:
LAST THURS OF THE MONTH – 11:00AM – 12:00PM – SPEAKER & DISCUSSION
During the COVID-19 crisis, we will be having our speaker events virtually on Zoom.
After an introduction, Tim will interview a local entrepreneur about the story of their business, lessons learned, challenges faced, and how they connect their faith and their business. After the interview, we will break up into small groups for discussion.
Schedule of our Virtual Events:
11:00 – 11:10am – Introduction & Welcome
11:10 – 11:40am – Interview with Speaker
11:40 – 11:55am – Small Group Discussion in Breakout Rooms
11:55 – 12:00pm – Closing Announcements
12:00 – 12:15pm – Optional Q&A with Speaker