Date(s) - April 8, 2016
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
John Paul II Pastoral Centre
Categories No Categories
Mining and the Common Good: A Symposium on Mineral Resource Development and Laudato SI’
This symposium on mineral resource development is aimed at fostering respectful and ongoing dialogue among concerned stakeholders and helping to better understand the problems mining companies face, while at the same time ensuring that mining operations take full account of the common good.
- Peter Chapman, Executive Director Shareholder Association for Research & Education (SHARE)
- Dr. Simon Donner, Assoc. Professor of Climatology at UBC
- Barbara Wilson, Haida Elder and graduate student studying climate change and First Nations at SFU
- Jason Milne, VP Corporate Governance & Responsible Investment at RBC Global Asset Management
- Jim Cooney, Norman B. Keevil Institute of Mining Engineering, UBC
- David Keane, President B.C. LNG Alliance
- Michael McPhie, Mining Industry Delegation to the Pontifical Council on Justice and Peace
- Cynthia Callison, lawyer and member of Tahltan First Nation in Northern B.C.
- Matt Horne, Pembina Institute Regional Director for B.C.